Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday March 8, 2008 at 01:33
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On March 7, 2008 at 23:45, Ahl said...
Since I was the only one who knew how to make that fcuking
clock on the VCR stop blinking...

I was fascinated by electrical stuff as a kid, although my dweeb eighth grade science report was on the leverage accomplished by pulleys, complete with a working model. At least it didn't have actual weights and scales!

I was my mom's remote control, turning down the volume control for every ad. Later I ran a wire to a little box with a switch so she could turn off the speaker. It never occurred to me that the chassis of the TV was hot and touching the wiring could kill her, but no wires touched the chassis.

First install was a $1 tube-type intercom I found at a second hand store, just as I started collecting 78 rpm records. 78s needed record players, record players eventually broke, I could throw them out or try to fix them, and there you go. Vowed at age 15 not to learn too much about TVs so I wouldn't have to figure out how to get out of repairing them for friends and family. Maintained electronics for university music department for two years, graduated, got sales job at hi fi store, turned that into tech and engineering job....and that was just by 1972.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse