The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday March 6, 2008 at 17:16
NineBallMan
Long Time Member
September 2002
I piddled with gadgets for years. One day I found an ad in the paper for a delivery driver at a local HT shop and filled out an app and got the job. I lugged my share of TV's for a while. The install manager at the time, loved to get into jobs that were way over his head. He happened to get into a job in a warehouse that had 75 cameras. We were contracted to run the wire and do the hook-ups. Well, long story short, the manager had no idea what he was doing. Tried to run the wrong wire. I made several remarks about this and he wouldn't listen. The boss gave me the "well if you know so much about this stuff you do it yourself" speech. I got the job done 3 weeks early and our company made lots of $$$$$$$$$. The install manager got canned and they put me in that spot. I threatened to quit because I did not want that spot. They still gave me the money that went with the spot and made me the chief engineer and design guy. I did leave that company to take the same position with an even better company eventually and now I mainly a programmer. I guess I got lucky not having to do to many pre-wires in the blazing sun or polar-like conditions and yet I still get to play with lots of toys.
Bryan Kirkland

Hosting Services by ipHouse