Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 18, 2008 at 14:04
fearless6960004
Long Time Member
March 2008
Hello ,

New member here , nice to meet you all and I need some assistance .
I've installed some five 50" Plasma TV's on stacked stone before , but
I have a customer who wants to go with something bigger 60" + and he wants it above his Stacked stone fireplace . Now I know it's tough to make holes in the stone and to make the bracket level but I've always managed somehow in the past . This one is a little different , the stones are not even , if you know what I mean , some stones in the middle are sticking out a little bit more than the others and thats exactly where the bracket is gonna go . Should I try with a chisel or should I contact the guys who installed the stone ?
Also being 60" + the TV is gonna be heavy , what kind of support ? Special anchors or bolts ? I don't trust the Bolts provided with the Sanus bracket to hold 180lb TV especially if some are in the mortar between the stones .
Have any of you guys used the motorized brackets before ? They look cool .

Lastly the room has a lots of windows , a lot of ambient light during the day so I'm wondering if I should recommend Plasma or LCD . I love Plasma but with all those windows I don't want the Customer complaining after the Install.
The TV will be tilted so that will help with the reflections a little bit .
For LCD I'm looking at the SHARP LC-65SE94U or maybe NUVision , are they good ? They cost like $ 7 000.00 + so for that money I can get top of the line Plasma .
Thanks in advance !

Hosting Services by ipHouse