The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday April 1, 2008 at 10:59
lowvoltguy
Long Time Member
September 2002
I'm working on this set up right now and I'm having some problems getting the system to work ... The system consists of 1 Niles ZR-4630 controller, 4 Solo keypads, 2 Solo keypads with IR, 1 RTI RP-6, 1 RTI RM-433 and 1 RTI T3 ... Let me give a brief run down on what we have done so far ...

* We only have 1 cat5 at each Solo Keypad. I found out from Niles that pin #4 (the blue wire) and pin #7 (the brown/white wire) are not used, so I was trying to use those wires for the IR signal coming from the RP-6.
* I found that the pin #2 (the green wire) carries data and pin #3 (the orange/white) carries the ground for the IR sensor. I substituted the blue wire for data and the brown/white wire for ground and terminated them on pins 2 & 3. We then plugged that into the IR sensor input on the back of the Solo keypad.
* I questioned whether or not we were getting the IR signal to the keypad. We hooked an emmitter to the blue and brown/white wires at the Solo keypad and it would flash, so I assumed the IR signal had made its way to the keypad. I don't know if the signal was weak or strong though.
* I set the T3 controller to output IR and was able to control the Niles ZR-4630 through a Solo keypad with IR. I assume my codes are good at this point.
* The RTI system is also controlling a basic media (5.1 surround) system. I used port 6 on the RP-6 and ran it to a IR connecting block. One emitter comes off the connecting block and connects to zone 6 of the ZR-4630. The rest of the emmitters go to the equipment (receiver, DVD player and cable box) in the media system. Everything works fine on the media sytem.
* So far, I have not been able to make the Niles controller respond to any signal coming from the RP-6.

I saw that Niles has an adapter cable [Link: nilesaudio.com] iPad%20Ci%20Keypads%20Accessories&categoryID=Multi zone%20Products&catcdID=2&prdcdID=FG00852 for connecting an IR sensor to the Solo keypad ... Do you think that piece might help me? Am I missing something else? Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome! Thanks guys!

Hosting Services by ipHouse