The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday May 6, 2008 at 19:21
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I see that I didn't come back here to tell you they weren't bad, after all. The client had a house guest. The house guest thought he knew what he was doing when things didn't work right, and managed to change the settings on the Denon. In particular, when I finally got to looking at it, the REC OUT that I was using for the headphones was switched away from SOURCE and set at PHONO. This wouldn't ever give him any signal, so the headphones would never switch on. I reset it and all is well.
On May 6, 2008 at 18:36, StevenCraig said...
Ernie,

I've had the exact same experience with a pair I bought
last November. At first I thought I had a bad set right
out of the box, but found out that I had to have the headset
on the cradle before plugging into the TV (yeah, doesn't
sound right).

I don't understand that from an operating standpoint, but they have rechargeable batteries that you can expect to be discharged right out of the box. I think the instructions tell you to plug everything in for several hours before attempting to use them.
Then the connection between the TV and
the headphones would die during a commercial, which i
solved by disconnecting the phones from the TV.

The couple of pairs I've got stayed on for a couple of minutes after losing audio, so I don't understand what happened in your case.
Now they just plain don't work. No static, no nothing.

That's what I got when no audio went into them. Not even static. Now, if you have described exactly everything that you did, which is always necessary when trying to communicate technical situations, this makes total sense. You disconnected them from the TV, so there's no sound. I don't understand how that solved anything at all, since that gives them no audio input, so I'm guessing some steps are missing from your description.
Looks like it is charging, but no green light when connected
to the TV.

Ah. It IS connected to the TV. Something is missing between you disconnected from the TV and that solved the problem, and they are connected to the TV. Lots of details need to be put into that gap.
I have changed batteries, but no luck there
either. And yes, confirmed that the output jack is hot
with a couple of wired phones.

That would have solved the problem in my case.

Did you try changing channels? I thought the channel switch was a rotating knob, but it's not -- it's a push button that toggles from 1 to 2 to 3, and takes a few seconds to auto-fine tune on the frequency. Try changing the frequency and waiting five to ten seconds between button pushes to see what happens. Hmmm. You'll have to have the audio light on for that to work. I forget -- is that the green light?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse