Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday October 31, 2007 at 11:33
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
This very easy with Denon codes.

There are two protocols: Denon-Sharp and Kaseikyo

To convert sharp codes:

We will use the main zone HDP input as an example.

The system address(C1~C5) = the device code.
For example... 01000... convert from binary to decimal using a scientific calculator (windows calculator works) by entering the binary form from right to left (least significant bit first) and then view the decimal form. So... 00010 = device code 2.

The Data (C1-C5) + the extention bit (C12, C13) = the function code.
For example... 010100 + 11 do the same process as described above. So... 11001010 (backwards binary) converts to function 202 (192+10 for astute observers).

HDP is Sharp device 2 function 202.

The Data determines codes 0-63. The extention bit determine a range for the 64 codes starting at 0, 64, 128, 192 for a total of 256 possible codes for each device number.

To convert Kaseikyo codes:

The binary strings are longer creating many more code possibilities, however, the process remains the same.

Let's convert the Main zone XM input code...

Genre1 = Device code left digit... 0010 (entered 0100) = 4
Genre2 = Device code right digit... 1000 (entered 0001) = 1
Device code = 4.1

The function code = Data + ID
So... input XM in the main zone... data=0101001101 + ID=00...
enter 001011001010 (you can leave off the leading zeros if you want) which converts to decimal 714.

So... main zone XM input is Kaseikyo device 4.1 function 714

given the longer length of these codes the data gives you a possible 1024 (0-1023) codes and the ID provides a range for these codes starting at 0, 1024, 2048, and 3072 for a possible 4096 codes for each device number.

NOW... if you have figured out how to use make hex which is available as a download from the pronto utilities files section on this site, there is support for both of the protocols. Simply open the Denon-Sharp or Denon-K .irp file, edit the text pertaining to the device code and function range as needed and drag the file onto the application. All of the codes for the device specified in the range specified will be generated. Simply assign the commands to the codes generated using the device and function information you already will have figured out.

All this said... I have already created a comprehensive documentation of all of the codes for he 3808 and 4308 including the four receiver ID settings which has easy to use hyperlinks to find various code sets, however, it is not quite complete yet (it is a very large file). I will give a shout when it is done but between the fact that I use 232 for 99% of my Denon work and the fact that I have work bleeding out my ears right now, I can not tell you when I will finish it.

BTW... a huge thank you to John Fine and many others for their knowlege, experience, time and willingness to educate us all on these subjects.

Hosting Services by ipHouse