The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Thursday July 19, 2007 at 01:58
mrhookup
Long Time Member
August 2005
IMO, the only way to truly judge an Outdoor Rock Speaker, is when you have a problem with one. We are on the east coast, and so summers only last about 3 - 3 1/2 months. Towards the end of summer last year, we installed 2 pairs of Rockustics around a Pool (60 ft. long). They were barely used last year. At the opening of the season back in JUNE, we fired the system back up. We are powering both pairs with a Harmon Kardon HK 3480 (120 w/channel). These are fairly large Rock Speakers with 8" woofers. We immediately noticed a problem with one of the 4 Rocks. The volume was low, and distorted. We contacted Rockustics who informed us that we had to return it to them in Colorado. Shipping was close to $30.00. We waited patiently, but nothing in 1 1/2 months. Finally, we called them after 2 + months. (there is only 1 1/2 months of summer left). The customer is anxious to get it back, despite the fact that we lent them one outdoor speaker for the time being). I am informed by Tony @ Rockustics that the Rock is under warranty, but not covered? (What is he talking about?). He says, after months that the voice coil is burnt & that is abuse, and so it is not covered. Now it will cost us $80.00 to get it back repaired. (maybe more with shipping). I flat out don't believe him. I don't like his attitude, either. He doesn't want to hear it. They have the speaker, and he could tell me anything at this point. Why have we been waiting for months? We are a small company (they said) and we are backed up. If we hadn't called them, we would never have heard from them til next summer. We are done with Rockustics after this. Yes, this is the 1st problem we have had with Rockustics, but they will never get another chance. We also sell Niles Rocks. We only ever had 1 problem with 1 Niles rs-8, and they replaced it with a new one in about a week! Also, we do Terra, and they are really great also. We have already contacted Stereo Stone, and we may sign on with them; who knows. I can't wait for Cedia Expo in Denver in Sept. I have some choice words for Rockustics then!
Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Hosting Services by ipHouse