The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 28, 2006 at 23:16
2nd rick
August 2002
Why would you say to stay away??

After trying most the competitors (StereoStone, Niles, Sonance, OWI, etc.) at least once, I have to say I ALWAYS go back to Rockustics... I have sold them for many, many years and IMO nodody makes a better product for outdoors.

In the commercial world, they have speakers in all of the Six Flags theme parks, Knott's Berry Farms, Universal Studios Theme Park, White House Rose Garden, Tavern on the Green in Central Park, etc. etc. You can order them with 70V transformers pre-installed to your specification, or order a multi-tap model to install yourself.

Rockustics is the Triad of outdoor speakers. (Triad agrees, which is why they have never gone into the outdoor speaker category... They recommend Rockustics)

High-line drivers from Denmark (Vifa & Peerless just like Triad), crossover system design and voicing by Joe D'Appolito, lifetime warranty, custom color matching to your rock samples, 4 ohm or 70 Volt, great price points... and this year they have added single stereo boulder speakers.

Just like Triad in the house, the Rockustics outside are lower impedance speakers (all 4 ohm nominal) and they need a decent amount of clean power to sound good.

Try not to use them with volume controls or a puny 15-25 watt all-in-one style multi-zone system... They will be SIGNIFICANTLY better with a real amps.

Recommendations at the low end, Punk Rock ($249 ea.) and EconoRock ($299 ea.)

In the middle, the SoundStone ($399 ea.) and OctoRock ($475 ea.)

The ones to use if you have the budget are the Rocky Jr. ($549 ea.)

Also, the in-ground subs are really nice, especially if you use them with an amp and active crossover. The PunkSub ($999 ea.) or BP Jr. Sub ($1799 ea.)

If you put some real power on these like ADA, Niles Si-2125, or Sonamp 2120, it is the best sound you can get from a rock speaker system.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse