The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday July 13, 2008 at 15:40
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Sorry guys, I should have added some more details.
Right now the only thing that I will be doing is the programming,
the layout and
Design at least at this time will not be my responsibility.

Thanks

My boss does the hard stuff, he is a lighting guru :). When we started using lutron He bumped around the software for a couple days then taught me what he knew. I was able to do 90% of the programming on the first project without any help. The other 10% came from lutron tech support and bugging my boss.

Being part of the hardware installation helped me alot. Reading the manuals for the products that were installed gave me an understanding of how the system was going to work.

Some advice.. First day that the devices show up.. have someone make labels for everything with the serial numbers and put them on the outside of the switches or keypads. After everything is installed i take a set of prints with me to each "control station" and sketch everything out. This helps me lay the whole system out in no time. The serial numbers are normally located on the back of the device where you cant see it after installation. The serial numbers can be used to quickly address everything.

I know that this might seem backwards and the better way to do this would be to lay the system out in advance, program it and have the electrician install things where you tell them so that you can just pop in and bring it online..but this rarely works out. If the electrician gets 1 bad switch or 1 guy who cant read..you might as well delete the program and start allover. Also...whatever the plan was.. you end up with more dimmers & switches. IMO better to wait and sketch the whole thing out once its done.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse