The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday June 4, 2005 at 06:21
DBrown
Founding Member
February 2002
I did find a secret menu where this DVD player can change the region code. I found it by searching the web for "DVD region hack". No one yet has documented how to get into this particular player since it's new, but after trying all the various strategies listed for Cyberhome players in general, I found one that worked.

If anyone is interested, I'll post it here. As far as I can tell, it's not illegal to change the region code in your own DVD player. Many have access to DVDs from different regons, and some move with their equipment from one region to another, and have a legitimate need to change the region code in their player. Since these DVD players are sold all around the world, the manufacturers have almost always buried the region change ability in the software.

NO macrovision hack apparent.

Lastly, I'll remind all that this DVD player CAME with a 2 meter (6ish feet long) HDMI to HDMI cable. I noticed while shopping yesterday that Walmart,Target, Best Buy, and probably anywhere else selling those cables want $40 to $50 for them. That alone makes this DVD player an extremely good value for those needing HDMI.

Dave B.

This message was edited by DBrown on 06/04/05 06:48 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse