The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday May 20, 2008 at 23:10
daniel w
Long Time Member
April 2008
On May 15, 2008 at 13:31, wildulmer said...
I was one of the first to install a GXR2 right after product
roll out. It worked fine a year and a half. Then it
locked up. I have been told by the rep that if the power
drops down to 107 volts, things can get wonkey. I put
it on a UPS and it has been smooth sailing since.

The APC UPS that I fitted was installed over a week ago and all is running perfect.

The customer is finally happy.

Our power supply is 240 volt and it makes it hard to find a good regulated supply, you guys are spoiled for great conditioners and UPS on 110.

I have also been told that the UPS is not a permanent fix to my problem. Apparently the UPS is covering up the mains supply being crap by covering any drops in power.

Niles has recommended that I fit a proper power conditioner to the system to regulate the incoming power properly.

The Phonic or Furman 240 volt models seen ok at this point...any reccomendations?

The problem has been recognised by the Local boys who will be reccomending that all systems have a power conditioner in-line from now on.

Apparently some end users in South Africa have had similar issues with GXR2/ICS and the mains power.

Thanks for all the suggestions along the way.

I would suggest to anyone fitting one of these that for a small investment that they fit a power conditioner/voltage regulator as it will save many wasted hours of fault finding and hair pulling.

Hosting Services by ipHouse