The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday April 27, 2008 at 05:32
daniel w
Long Time Member
April 2008
I recently installed a system in a customers house and have had some issues.

System is retrofitted with all new cabling run by myself and all install done by myself. Programming was carried out by an ICS programmer.

Most of these issues started from an electrician playing around with a cat5 wall-plate that was installed for the iRemote.

Due to the cat5 being 'fixed' by the electrician, when the system was programmed, bad data was sent to the iRemote.

According to Niles, this caused the entire system to be corrupted by dodgy firmware and other data.

Once we traced back the point and repaired it the system was reprogrammed and new firmware downloaded onto the system.

All Worked Perfect, for a couple of hours.

Two of the systems keypads drop out. The system has,

GXR2
Single
Contact
Display (x2)
iRemote

When the Display keypads drop out, the back of the GXR2 chassis has no 'connection' lights on the RJ sockets where the remotes connect the the main chassis.

The Customer turns the GXR2 chassis OFF, waits 10 seconds, then turns back ON and all works again.

between a couple of hours and the next day the keypads drop out again.

The cables have all been tested, all parts including chassis and keypads have been changed.

The only thing that has not been tried is a UPS/Conditioner. Has anyone had this sort of issue and if so how have you solved it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by daniel w on May 20, 2008 23:11.

Hosting Services by ipHouse