The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Tuesday December 11, 2007 at 20:58
The Others
Long Time Member
December 2007
Let me clarify the ‘Power ON’ & ‘Power OFF’, but first some explanations on the PS button.

The PS button has 2 levels of operation:

1. If you press quickly the PS button an icon will popup on the display that identify the controller and the charge level of the battery.
2. If you press and hold the PS button for a second or two than the shutdown menu will appear. To complete the shutdown normally user has to press ‘X’ twice. Consequently the PS3 will power off. The front panel ‘0/1’ touch sensitive button fortunately don’t pass by the “Are you sure?”, “Are you really sure?”

First of all the ‘Power ON’ is a no issue because any keys of the Sony PS3 BD remote wake up the PS3. So I mapped the ‘Power ON’ in the Logitech Harmony 880 settings to ‘X’.

The ‘Power OFF’ was a bit more problematic because the behavior of the PS button differs from the PS2 power button. I did 3 things to implement appropriate behavior via the PS2 power code:

1. A quick press of the Power button will display the icon/battery of the remote.
2. If you press twice the Power button (with a little pause between the 2 key presses) it will activate the shutdown menu. Next, user must press twice ‘X’ to complete the shutdown. This mode is the manual shutdown.
3. The final case was to handle the automatic shutdown. This is the case where you close the system or you switch to another activity. In this case I’m using macro capability of the IR Remote (Harmony 880 in my case). For 3 seconds I transmit the Power code, next I throw the finals ‘X’ to answer the shutdown questions. The PS3 will power off after closing the opened files.

As explained above a discreet ‘Power ON’ (Sony:26.218.46) is not really required but can be map also to the PS button.

However with a discreet ‘Power OFF’ (Sony:26.218.47) my SW in my mod could do all steps, including the ‘X’, to complete the shutdown. No macros required in IR remote in this case.

My SW will take care of (Sony:26.218.46) and (Sony:26.218.47) as describe above in case someone can forge the IR code.

Hosting Services by ipHouse