The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 23, 2008 at 13:59
baldfox
Lurking Member
November 2008
Hi guys, I am new to this, and think i might have made a typical newbie mistake.

I am an amateur home cinema fan and am looking to take the next step, but fear I have been a bit hasty. I am looking to learn RS232 control, and recently bought all the pc com cards and cables and am now plugging in various bits of kit to try and talk to, alas with no joys.. am using a pc application called Termite, as it seemed to be the only thing I could get my hands on to try and use as a terminal.

I don't seem to be able to get any feedback back at all. I am trying to speak to a sky digibox (Panasonic DSB20).

I wanted to see if I could at least get some feedback and basic control, before I upgraded my amp. I want to move to an onkyo 906 or 876 and use an AMX axcent3 to control it together with a pioneer 5080 screen. I bought the AMX kit on ebay, but the guy's not been able to supply the software or the PSU for it (I got the axcent 3, an rf gateway and the touchpanel). He said he'd get me the software, the PSU I guess I should have read the small print doh!

So my problem is, I have no amx software (will pay for it!) or the psu for the controller, and my PC is not exactly helping me with RS232 control.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ?? I'd love to be in a situation where I could actually get the serial codes for various bits of kit and then play around with them all through the AMX controller.

Have I bitten off more than I can chew ? *sigh*

Hosting Services by ipHouse