The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 252 made on Wednesday February 4, 2009 at 02:23
Adele Clingman
Long Time Member
May 2006
I know that my programmer HATES modules..ive never understood why. He just tells me he doeS.
So when I ask him to incorporate them he does..very begrudgingly. So in actual fact I dont understand much about them. He also hates duet and will not use it.
So maybe he has nothing to hide. All I know is I ask him to change/upgrade. He gives me a quote. I agree or disagree and then the work gets done (or on rare occasions when its just not worth it i.e putting an alarm clock on the system when I can just use my iphone). He downloads the program. We test and then I pay him via paypal.
Clean and simple. As mentioned before he then uploads all code and source. I dont know how I would do it any other way.
When I said it didnt sound right. Try to help me understand. Youve developed a module and over a period of time have sold it time and time again. Surely at some time you recoup your costs. And even if you dont, recoup EVERY LAST PENNY isnt it better just to have a good working relationship. No one does the work for free and you should get compensated. And then its back to the same old story if the plane goes down the client is up the creek.

Hosting Services by ipHouse