The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 242 made on Tuesday February 3, 2009 at 20:20
CoryBurgess
December 2007
AHhh, hahaha.

So, usually you write a post and somebody quotes you and makes some statements in reference to what you said and you think to yourself, "Hey, I'm part of the conversation, I am contributing to the discussion at hand."

Well after 'posting' a comment early on in this thread and STILL having nobody quote or comment on what I said, it starts to feel like, "we'll damnit, I guess I WASN'T Contributing."

Then I go back and look and, well, I most of hit the wrong button when I meant to post, b/c the post is there. LMAO!

I had taken a day or two to think about the topic when it first came up, read the posts by others here that I respect and developed an opinion, that I thought, was worth posting. Sat down, typed it out, and must have gotten side tracked, cuz its not here!!

Sigh, anyway, I'll just cut to the chase. I think that if you do provide your programming you should be charging for ALL time spent on R&D of that template, graphics, layout, macros etc. and it should be Illegal for anyone to use or copy any part of that program. How do you enforce that, you probably can't, at least not very well, look at music file sharing.

I will say this if you are one of the people fighting strong against releasing the programming code, than you BETTER NOT be someone burning copies of your friends CD's or downloading music, software from file sharing sites, you damn hypocrites, you know who you are.
Photobucket

While, I don't have a clear cut opinion on this, I don't feel that the standard is to charge clients for every hour spent for the programming and graphics that they receive, and b/c of that I don't think that they are purchasing your programming, they are purchasing the complete system, delivered, installed and operating as is.

When you purchase a car, they don't offer you the programming and software development that they use to control the systems of the car, tune the engine, ABS, climate control etc. Nope, you just get the entire car as is.

I want a PDF like copy to give, like a loadable only copy, however this doesn't address the issue of making changes. Perhaps a copy that can be added to, deleted but not altered? Hell, I don't know.

I would hate to be the client that spent $50k on programming 5 years ago and now wants to add an AppleTV, Bluray and new 1080p Display, but instead of being able to just pay $2k in programming costs, I have to pay to have the ENTIRE system re-programmed, that's not cool. I'd be F$
Last edited by CoryBurgess on February 3, 2009 20:26.
Cory
"you like our booties? Oh, you must mean the shoe covers."

Hosting Services by ipHouse