The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 224 made on Tuesday February 3, 2009 at 11:59
Adele Clingman
Long Time Member
May 2006
Its not a case of despising their work. As an end user I would like to give some history. It either works or it doesnt, its not a matter of despising work. At some or most points..relationships change.
Case in point, I had a fabulous programmer/installer and got to be socially friendly. BIG MISTAKE. At some point he was billing me for all time at my house and many times I found him on MY PHONE. (This was the days before NetLinx so he was in the house) I asked him very nicely to please NOT do that. At that point he downed his "tools" and walked off my job. I am CONSTANLY changing and upgrading.
After many calls AMX finally jumped into save me. I have since found an independant programmer who probably does $20 000.00 worth of programming for me every year for the past 5 years at least. I continue to make changes and have everything that opens and shuts on an automated basis. Twice a year he sends me the full blown code and source into an ftp folder on one of my computers. IN CASE THE PLANE GOES DOWN. I wouldnt have it any other way.
He also encourages me to design my own panels and has GIVEN me the software for my use only. I have purchased GUI stuff and its fun to do. If I get into trouble he then fixes it for billable hours. So its a win win..he gets paid and I keep busy.
I wouldnt have it any other way. And if programmers dont want to share their code or programming there are plenty that do, so just use them. I think the article is a good idea. As was said in the AMX forums..these are not TOP SECRET ISSUES.

Hosting Services by ipHouse