The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 196 made on Sunday February 1, 2009 at 12:20
ebecker
Long Time Member
September 2003
On February 1, 2009 at 11:53, juliejacobson said...
Very sad. Why won't the original firm fix it, even if
they charge for it?

not sure all i got was that the original firm will not return any calls or letters from either the department. we are suppose to quote "fixing" it and the sad part is that due to budget issues and the fact that they spent all of there grant money on this system it is currently looking like the cheapest route will be to remove all the crestron gear. as in order to reprogram you would first need wiring diagrams for each room to be developed as they have no paperwork on the system. and from my brief look last night no two rooms are wired the same way.

they love the way it works, and the fact that any faculty member can operate it, but can't even make simple changes even for a fee.

i think part of it has to do with the fact that there was no "technology consultant" brought in and what the teaching faculty asked for was not conveyed correctly in the bid form and what they got is not what they need.

ie they have a simulation room with 5 stations that they need to be able to remotly monitor and record audio from each station. what they got is an 8 chan dvr with one viewing monitor and 2 general mics. the zoom level is no where near what they need for detail and they needed a mic for each station with seperate recording ability of each stations video / audio

or there main conference room where there is a flip up crestron screen and inputs in the middle of the table and a rackmounted pc / amp / mic / dvd. in order to play the rack mounted pc which they use most often, they have to run a cable from the rack to the center of the table, no wall input. So i said that's an easy fix couple hundred bucks for a wall plate and a cable, oh no we have to reprogram crestron to have the second input as an option

Hosting Services by ipHouse