Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 87 made on Wednesday January 28, 2009 at 12:21
cma
August 2003
On January 28, 2009 at 12:08, juliejacobson said...
I personally would base my selection of integrators on
this issue.

Hopefully this would only be a small part of the equation. I think some more important issues would be to look at what the individual companies in your area are providing.

You walk into shop #1 and they are pitching an AMX system and the GUI looks like a 4 year old did it and requires instruction from the salesman on how to turn on the TV but they will give you all your code when the system is done.

You walk into shop #2 and their AMX touchscreen in the waiting area is beautifully designed and you are able to instantly walk up to it and easily find your favorite song and play it without speaking to a single person. However during the meeting you discover that they consider their GUI and programming to be company intellectual property and you are only receiving the right to use it..

Question... Do you go with the company that has the shitty GUI and system that most likely reflects the inner workings of the company itself? Or do you go with the company with the well thought out design that likely has years of experience and developement behind the design, and most likely the same applies to the daily operations of the company as well?

Will company 1 or 2 most likely be around to service you in the future? If company 1 closes, which could be very likely from what you have seen what good does it do to own the right s to a turd of a program? Hopefully as a consumer you have also done additional homework and checked references and so on and your decision has left you working with a reputable company, (that by the way most likely will not be the cheapest) with many happy past and current clients that will promote the company in the future and holds a strong position in the community.

Then again, anything can happen..

Hosting Services by ipHouse