Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 83 made on Wednesday January 28, 2009 at 12:07
Spire1
Long Time Member
March 2006
Julie-
I agree that a dealer needs to provide a Backup of the code, I know with AMX you can provide this with out the actual proprietary modules the touch panel files are a different story. Client should be able to request these files or put them in escrow (I am with 39 cent on the code bank).
Now here is where you, Julie, are getting silly, how is buying Control4 (or any of the other companies you referred to) is any better, do you know how many PHAST system are out there with out any replacement parts, the dealer is still around the code is there but NO Parts, at least with AMX, Crestron and Lutron you have track record what does C4 have, 3 years of existence, how about home logic. I can give you a list of product and companies that promise the world (some you actually wrote about with admiration) and are now gone with clients stuck with no help or spare parts.
This is a public form and you are supposed to be a non bias editor, you starting to sound like a spokes person not consumer advocate.
spireintegrated.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse