The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 830 made on Saturday December 15, 2007 at 23:15
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
Ever heard "My dog ate the remote"? That was the client I visited today. This dog is something like yellow lab sized and overflowing with energy. The first time I visited, the dog he was ALL OVER ME in no time. Shouting by the Mrs. finally settled him to where he could be dragged out the kitchen back slider door. In just about the same instant, ANOTHER dog flew down the hallway from the bedrooms. I can't believe she has two of these...no, that one dog JETTED from the slider door to the other side of the house and in the master slider door in a matter of milliseconds...

Anyway, the dog chewed the original Onkyo remote to where it looked like it had been commissioned from the National Endowment for the Arts. Deep tooth marks everywhere. Showed her an MX850... budget too tight, she just got another OEM remote.

Today it is 3 remotes later... still lean, she got an MX350 with a few macros to make it easier.

Her friend was there, feeling sorry for her dog problems, paid for the service call and remote. She did ask me the following question: "Is there like some kind of insurance that you can get, just in case the dog eats it again?" (Trying to hold back my amusement...) "You know Tom, that dog is just so fast, she can't even catch him if he gets that remote!"

I saw it all with my own eyes. "The dog ate the remote" is not a legend at all.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse