Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 808 made on Saturday December 8, 2007 at 02:19
Benford AV
August 2007
I have been working on a $1.5 million house (very high-end for my city) that my (very nice)customer just bought. The previous owners bulit it and it was a "show house" for the builder and the A/V shop that did the original system.

I have respect for the shop that did the work, and I worked there several years ago. I bid against them for the re-install for my customer who bought 3 RTI remotes and 3 processors from me.

As I got into the job more, I found a few things that seemed very strange to me, cheap cables, cheap fittings, poor installation of everything I looked at. Now I am almost done and want to puke. I have never seen an install so sloppy. Total half assed and thrown together last minute.

I had to re-run a few wires to replace the CAT5e THAT WAS BEING USED AS SPEAKER WIRE, and several other equally stupid quick-fixes. I just can't believe I have to bid against this type of work and chop my prices so I can compete against such crappy installers that don't care about the customer or thier system.
The Soundwave
www.the-soundwave.com
B&W, Classe', Rotel, Paradigm, Integra, Denon, Audioquest, RTI, Niles, Pioneer Elite, Bell'O

Hosting Services by ipHouse