The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 796 made on Monday December 3, 2007 at 18:21
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
I am chilled to the bone, soaking wet and exhausted.
Got an early morning wake up call from my ex girlfriend... Her daughter & son in laws house is flooding with water... 2 foot high geisers of water coming out of all 4 toilets, all the sinks ... at the home they live in... They just closed on the house across the street on Friday, and that house ALSO is flooding!!!

Big storm here, worst rain and flooding I can recall. Water is running out of the front and back doors at a high rate. The local news guys came by & interviewed Tom, while I was trying to move some of his computers and junk.

I raced over there to help move stuff, his graphic arts business is in his basement... several computers and a server are under water, and his guitar collection - trashed (inc. a 57 Strat, Telecaster & Les Paul the Les Paul is a '56, a big white Gretch, and a "Roger McGuinn" 12 string Rickenbaker plus a couple vintage Fender amps). He used to be in a band, and still plays now and then. The guitars and amps were all in his basement office area.

Tom woke up to the sound of water rushing through the house, and when he put his feet on the floor, when getting out of bed, found that water was about 4 inches deep at that point!

I went out and got a couple big gas powered hi-velocity (3 inch) water pumps, but there isn't any use for them now, as the wqater is still literally running out of the house like a river - non stop PLUS--- in looking out the window, the rain & winds have started up again.
There is nothing that we can do except just wait for the water to stop roaring through the sewer systems in that part of town.

I am sitting next to a gas fireplace at a Starbucks taking a break... my clothes are totally soaked through including my Carhart jacket...

I guess that they are trying to find out if they have any flood insurance... (I don't THINK they do, as the house was not in a "flood plain".

It's a mess --- raw sewage floating all over the house, and it WAS a killer house.

The house they just purchased and closed - on last Friday accross the street just had all of the wood floors sanded down this weekend prior to getting sprayed. The floors are under about 6 inches of water.

Brings back memories of a flooded condo a couple years ago.

I don't know which is worse... a fire or a flood --- they both are devastating.

I gotta run. I'm counting my blessings though, and happy to be of SOME help anyway!

Last edited by Mr. Stanley on December 3, 2007 19:08.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse