The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 102 made on Tuesday July 3, 2007 at 20:36
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
Today (July 3rd)... went to finish cutting in some speakers at this builder's house.
Got there, and he went on a long rant about all of his subs (except me), are always hitting him up for massive additional charges for Painting, Cabinetry, Electrical, Landscaping - you name it. He also went on about all of the delays they cause when one or two of them don't return when they say they will bla bla bla...

It is a large custom home with tons of solid walnut custom cabinetry, trim molding and all kinds of stuff. He then went off on how as soon as he pays each sub a good chunk of $$$ --- they disappear and go off to other projects until he has to raise hell to get them back to his house!

It was interesting to see and hear things pretty candidly from a builder's viewpoint...
He also felt that since there was so much ornate work and expensive materials and junk going into the house he felt like some of these guys were taking advantage of him, because they all know he is quite wealthy.

Damn... and I was going to give him my bill today for work done up to today, and quietly slip out the back door and go out with my kid and buy a bunch of illegal fireworks at the indian reservation --- but after hearing that speel, and nodding my head in agreement.. I had to tough it out and work!!!
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse