The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Thursday June 28, 2007 at 23:14
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
Chad... Man that is quite the install! You are in the big-leagues...!!!

Today I went to a builder's personal house to locate (he lost his documentation), and proceed to attempt to cut in 14 pair of ceiling speakers. 5 pair of them are up about 20 feet, and he isn't exactly sure where, so I had to try toning them out, moving around a huge ladder and all that crap.

Had a helluva time trying to tone them out, because of all the dimming circuits (85), in the house... actually had to kill the main power a couple times to try and hear my toner, because there is so much noise pick-up from my toner.

His electrician is this Russian guy, who -- wired several speakers in loops! It is going to be a mess to get working. In one area there are 6 speakers wired in a wierd "loop" --- but get this... then he extended that loop to a couple of other areas (without volume controls). One speaker wire I located in the family room ceiling doesn't tone out anywhere in the house!

It took about 6 hours just to try to map out what wires were going where, and I still have to find about 4 pair of buried speaker wires... Speakers are not even placed systematically or in an estetically balanced fashion in most of the rooms.

Went and picked up the Mercedes wagon that the guy said he fixed... Ran fine for about 45 minutes then it conked out again in heavy traffic... This was after the guy replaced the fuel pump relay and charged me for it said it was all fixed etc.
This guy that sold me the car is being a total d#ck too! He is this really mean German guy, that I am finding out has a reputation for being a total ass.

...So tomorrow morning I've got to take the car back again, which will not be pretty... then go out to this builder's house again and scratch my head some more!

I tried taking some pic's of the totally wierd wiring scemes - but, I think my camera's memory card is full... gotta look at the manual tonite.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse