The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday November 4, 2003 at 16:18
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
I think I'll come up with a wiring standard....

From this point on, Every low voltage location in a home should be wired with the following.

4 Cat-6 Runs
4 RG-6 Cox runs
1 Cresnet/Axlink run
1 14/4 SPeaker wire
2 14/2 speaker wired going to mystery speaker locations
1 Belden 1418 mini RGBHV
2 18/4 Sheilded
1 Fiber Optic
1 Sony Proprietary Plasma Control Cable
1 Sharp Proprietary Control Cable
1 DVI Cable

This configuration should accomodate almost any potential TV, Keypad, Touchscreen, Volume Control,or Network device that may come out over then next few years at least.

Oh, and of course, all these leads should not only be run to a home run location, but should proboly also be run to a several local source areas.

I'm sure I left out something... Feel free to add your additional specifications....

Wes;

I commend your efforts on this project. maybe I'm missing something, but the only people I can see getting excited about something like this are the wire manufacturers.... As you can see from the responses so far, the Professional integrators, Designers and instalers dont have your same vision.

The way I see it, a "Standard" cannot be developed untill al the manufacturers start building equipment with the same sytle connection and cableing requiremnets. I dont see Crestron, AMX, Xplore, and other Control system manufactureres sitting down a room anytime soon to come up with a universal connetion interface for all of their panels... Same with Litetouch, Lutron, Vantage, etc etc etc....

Impaqt

Hosting Services by ipHouse