Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 4, 2003 at 08:59
Wesley Mullings
Long Time Member
February 2003
Gentlemen,

My name is Wesley Mullings with Digital Lifestyles, LLC in New Jersey. I am finalizing on the development on a wiring standard that will make your installations easier and more efficient. The purpose of this wiring package is to set a standard that will allow architects, builders, and electricians to offer home automation and custom electronics without requiring them to make a huge investment in training, product selection, or a particular integrator. Integrators will have another set of benefits.

This will allow an integrator to focus better on more important issues for their client, such as calibration, advanced feature development, documentation, and interface design; meaning you can better exploit what your systems can do.

I have an initial write-up of this standard on my company website, www.digilifellc.com for review. At the top of the page, a link labeled “What is HA-Ready?” will bring you to a description and link to a PDF file for downloading. It should be finished by Dec 1, 2003.

I am preparing to present this standard to the entire residential builder and architect industries at the same time. In order to ensure their buy-in, it will be necessary for systems integrators to be familiar with this standard and how to use its plug-and-play environment to install their home automation and custom electronics. In short, I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS WORK!

I have contacted and received positive responses from the TIA, CEDIA, the CEA’s TecHome Division, AMX, Crestron, LiteTouch, Lutron, Vantage, HAI, Applied Digital, JDS Technologies, and Electronic Solutions Co.

I have yet to contact, but will be soon speaking with d-Tools, Simply Reliable Software, Intuit, CentraLite, Lightolier, Elan, Matrix Audio, B&K, Xabler, Oxmoor Corporation, Xperinet, M&S System, ADA, Destiny Networks, Opus Technologies, Audio Access, Audio Control, Russound, Xantech, Niles, Sonance, Xplore Solutions, SpeakerCraft, ChannelPlus, ChannelVision, NuVo, Panasonic, Avaya, TouchNTalk, Makita, Sivoia, Somfy, BTX, Ademco, Napco, Caddx, Elk, MilesTek, Carlon, and Leviton for their buy-in on this effort. I expect positive results.

Application notes are being developed for each manufacturer’s product line to show how to install their systems using this package. All of the listed manufacturers are expected to participate and cooperate by giving their system requirements freely for consideration, please do the same by reviewing the website…

Wesley Mullings
Designer
Digital Lifestyles, LLC
111 Coolidge St
Irvington, NJ 07111
973-985-4032
What remains consistent for every single project? The home! www.digilifellc.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse