The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 24, 2005 at 20:52
AstroZombie
Lurking Member
December 2005
This is my first attempt with a programable remote (RM-AV3100) and it's not going very well. I did a search of the forums and didn't find anything addressing my particular problem. My Tivo/satellite receiver is a Sony (model SAT-T60), and should be controlled with the 3100 right out of the box, but it doesn't. I put in different Sony codes for for DVR, but nothing works. If I use the "STB" hard button, I can control the basic features of the Tivo, but important functions ( advance, list ) don't work. I tried to teach the 3100 from the Tivo remote (model RM-Y809) but that didn't work either. If I'm having this much trouble trying to get a Sony component to work, how will I ever get my receiver/amp (Yamaha RX-V2400) to work? On the bright side, I was able to get the 3100 to turn my Pioneer 930HD TV on and off, but that's of little consequence because I use the amp for volume, and the Tivo to change channels. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I give up, and back to the store it goes.....

Hosting Services by ipHouse