Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday October 27, 1999 at 01:42
David B
Historic Forum Post
I was lucky to find discrete off codes for all of my devices including a JVC SVHS VCR, Pioneer DVD, SONY A4 DSS, Pioneer CD, Sony A/V Receiver, and Sony TV. The setup I currently have is listed here for anyone to examine. Listed first are the keys I remapped or advance code programmed.

Device button action
------- -------- ---------
DSS PREV CH jump
DVD REC eject
TV POWER disc. ON
TV 4L disc. OFF
TV 3L Video 1
TV setup+TV/VCR Tuner
RCVR 2 DSS select
RCVR 4L disc. OFF
SAT 4L disc. OFF
DVD 4L disc. OFF
VCR 4L disc. OFF
CD 4L disc. OFF

Macros
---------------------------------------------
"ALL OFF" - Setup+EXIT button:
TV,4L,RCVR,4L,VCR,4L,SAT,4L,DVD,4L,CD,4L

"Watch DSS" - 1L button:
TV,POWER,RCVR,2,SAT,POWER,TV,3L,SAT

"Watch CABLE TV" - Setup+1L button:
TV,POWER,RCVR,4L,SAT,4L,TV,SETUP,TV/VCR

"Watch Videotape" - 2L button:
TV,POWER,RCVR,4,VCR,POWER,SAT,4L,TV,3L,VCR

"Watch DVD" - Setup+2L button.
TV,POWER,RCVR,9,DVD,POWER,SAT,4L,TV,3L,DVD,REC

These are the four most frequent things I do in order of frequency. Putting them on the numbered L keys makes remembering where they are simpler than having used the macro keys. The ALL OFF macro was intentionally set on SETUP+EXIT so that it would not be hit accidently. "EXIT" seemed like the best prelabelled button to mean "ALL OFF". The number following my RCVR in each macro discretely turns ON my RCVR in the appropriate device mode. If the receiver was already on then it just switches it to the right device. Since I did not change POWER to a discrete code except on my TV device I make sure I press ALL OFF after watching a video tape or DVD to make sure those devices aren't left ON and would toggle OFF the next time I ran their macros.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse