The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday November 3, 1999 at 09:22
David B
Historic Forum Post
The only suggestions I can make if you are out of memory are:

Every button press counts, so be sure you minimize the number you use in your macros. Just because a macro CAN be 15 commands long doesn't mean it has to be.

I don't know what TV you have, but if there are discrete TUNER, VIDEO1 and VIDEO2 commands available then you can eliminate the steps you use getting to the correct input. I DID find these discretes for my SONY TV. I use 3L to place VIDEO1. I have nothing plugged into VIDEO2 so I have saved memory by not putting it on any key. I put discrete TUNER on SETUP+TV/VCR but you could save one memory step if you put it on any other UNUSED key.

The only discrete ON I taught my remote was for the TV. You already have a POWER toggle for every device. I use the discrete OFFS in my ALL OFF macro, but since I know then that everything is OFF I can simply use the default POWER button to toggle whatever I want ON.

Turning most modern devices OFF puts them in a "standby" mode. I seriouly doubt this does any significant damage. I use the discrete ONs and OFFs in my PRONTO macros to turn ON just the devices I want and turn OFF any I won't be using when I change from, say, DSS to DVD watching. My first try at programming the Cinema7 was to emulate this but I ran out of memory quickly.

Simplify, simplify!

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse