The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday October 25, 1999 at 15:34
Todd J. Derr
Historic Forum Post
continuing... :)

first, i'd suggest checking out the one for all web site at http://www.oneforall.com . There are some additional instructions there, and you can 'order' (for free, they'll send them via email) 'magic codes' (they call them 'advanced function codes') using a form there. Also see [Link: tiac.net] which has a lot of good info.

'magic codes' are 3-digit codes that can be used to send IR codes that may not be assigned to a button on the remote (and in some cases, may be a code that is not even available on the original remote.) You can send these codes directly by tapping 'magic' and then the number of the code you want to send, or you can assign them to a button.

That was probably confusing, but here's an example. My TV is a Toshiba, code 0156. I sent the request form to OFA and they sent me back the advanced codes for my TV. It's just a listing of 3-digit codes and their function. Now, I want to use the EDS function of my TV, there is no button on the remote that controls it, but in the list I see that it's code number 449. So, I press magic, 4, 4, 9 and it sends that code to the TV.

Assigning magic codes to a button on the remote is done in basically the same way you move keys. You press and hold magic until the remote blinks twice, then 9, 9, 4, then press the source key then the destination key. To assign a 'magic code', you use 'magic #-#-#' as the source key.

Hosting Services by ipHouse