Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday January 9, 2000 at 21:19
David B.
Historic Forum Post
There are two seperate areas of memory on learning Cinema6 and Cinema7 remotes. One is for learning, and the other is for advanced codes, macros, and remapped keys. If the device code for your DSS provides some basic functions, then there is a good chance there are advanced codes that support the missing features. If you can find them, then you can save some of that learning memory for other devices.

There are only 256 possible function advanced codes. you can try each of them in sequence this way...

Be sure you are in the DSS device.
Press SETUP then the three digit number.
The 3 digit numbers range from 000 to 256.
Keep track of which number you've just pressed. If the DSS receiver responds, then write down which number you just tried and what function is associated with it.
Once you know an advanced code for the functions you want, replace the learned version on each key by using the 994 sequence. If the code you found to work the left arrow key is 001, then use this sequence to get it programmed into the key.

DEVICE (in your case, CBL/SAT)
SETUP (held until two blinks)
SETUP
LEFT ARROW

That should do it.

You might find a ready made list of the advanced codes. Look at the other messages in here for a link to [Link: star]. I'm sorry I don't remember the actual link. I'm old.

Dave ;-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse