The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday January 12, 2000 at 17:30
David B.
Historic Forum Post
Discrete codes:

Most devices have a power TOGGLE button on the remote and on the device. One push turns it ON, the next push turns it OFF. Many devices will respond to IR commands that ONLY turn it ON or ONLY turn it OFF. These are some of the discrete codes, but not all. Just as most TVS with multiple inputs let you toggle between TUNER, VIDEO1, VIDEO2, and possibly VIDEO3 inputs, there might be IR codes out there that will let you discretely jump right to VIDEO2 (or any input mode) without toggling thru the sequence.

Advanced Codes:

On oneforall remotes, and possibly some other brands, each device code to set up the remote for your particular TV, VCR, or other device map generally only the basic functions to certain keys on the remote. If you know other functions that you wish the universal remote to have, it is likely that they can be programmed onto unused keys on the remote if you know the "advanced" code for each function. The default device code for my JVC VCR did not have the EJECT function programmed to any key on my universal remote. I found the advanced code for EJECT on a list at www.starbase13.com, and using a programming sequence found in my manual, programmed it to work when I press the SETUP and then the STOP button on the remote.

Hope you aren't more confused than before you read my reply. ;-)

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse