Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday January 15, 2000 at 16:19
Gerard J. Pinzone
Historic Forum Post
Hey, I was reading this thing a little further and they are listing some functions differently:

VCR Magic/c 996 [3] Magic [8] Magic [-/--] [6] Magic/c

-----------
program the button "scan" keyboard VCR so that only chains 3, 8 and 16 are swept at the time of its support

Magic/c 996 Magic/c
-----------------------
To clear the above scan.

MAGIC-9-8-0:
-----------
Erases all the functions installed by MAGIC-9-9-4 (key mover and advanced codes) and MAGIC-9-9-5 (macros).

MAGIC-9-8-1:
-----------
reinitialize completely the remote control; DANGEROUS FUNCTION: erase the advanced functions on all the keyboards, but erases also the new codes installed by the SAV itself.

MAGIC 9-9-7
-----------
fact of passing the remote control in learning mode, allowing him to receive updates by telephone (is exploitable only on the remote controls equipped with a modem)

I always thought the MAGIC-997 function doesn't apply to the Cinema 7. But look at this:
"The EPROM of the remote controls One for All can be updated, to make it possible the remote control to emit new infra-red numerical salvos, those of apparatuses recently introduced on the market for example.
With through the compartment with piles of the model Ofa LITE, one can observe three small holes on the electronic card. When these holes are provided with studs, it is the sign which the remote control is " reprogrammable ". To my knowledge, only a technician of the SAV can modify the memory thanks to these contacts and charge the codes for new apparatuses. Thus should be returned to him the remote control.

This known as, the very last top-of-the-range models integrate a modem into magnetic coupler. The SAV can then install the updates by telephone: it is enough to approach the remote control of compound!"

Sounds cool, but they also mention that, "The three studs are thus not used only to update the memory of the remote control; they also make it possible to the user to control his remote control with a PC." and then reference John Wasser's page.

Hosting Services by ipHouse