Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 14, 2000 at 01:12
David B.
Historic Forum Post
I've got a Cinema7 in the theater. It replicates 95% of what my Pronto can do, and it's much easier and takes less time to reprogram when I change something around. All the devices in here have discrete controls, and most of those were found on the Cinema by searching the advanced codes. The only reason my Pronto controls it all is that it learned those discretes from the Cinema.

I've got a Cinema7 in the master bedroom operating 1990ish devices. No discrete ONs or OFFs found, but there were built in codes for the Sharp TV, panasonic VCR, Sony DSS and Optimus A/V Receiver. The macro buttons rely on an all-off state for the devices, but using 1L to watch local TV, 2L to watch DirecTV, 3L to watch a Video Tape, and 4L to listen to music was obvious. I was delighted to be able to use SETUP+1L,2L,3L, and 4L to turn OFF the used devices for each viewing (or listening) session.

I still had an unused Cinema6 laying around. I just set up the guest bedroom with an 1980ish Emerson TV and OLD Mitubishi VCR. The VCR control was "minimally" covered with device code 0043. Searching the 000-255 advanced codes led me to every function on the original remote, many that previously had to be activated from the VCR's front panel, and some features (like 2X play and Index searches) that the VCR could do but there was NO way to activate with it's original controls! A 1L macro to watch Local TV, and 2L to watch a VHS movie were all that was needed. SETUP + those same keys turns it all off.

No matter which room you are in, the Cinema keys are used the same. 1L-4L are macros for viewing choices. These macros leave you with the remote using the controlling device. By remapping a few keys, the audio controls are always correct for the room devices, and you can control the TV from the VCR device and the VCR from the TV device in all rooms.

I love these Cinema remotes. Can you tell?

Dave ;-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse