Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday February 17, 2000 at 13:32
Troy
Historic Forum Post
I must be missing something. I had to learn all of the buttons from my Dishplayer's original remote - it ate up most of the memory. However, I learned the power on/off button and have virtually no problems with it. I also have one of the macro buttons programmed to turn on my tv (Hitachi), my Dishplayer, then my a/v receiver (Pioneer), then back to Dishplayer mode (so I can change channels via the Dishplayer). I say 'virtually no problems' because sometimes the Dishplayer does not turn on - it always turns off when I shut everything down. I've found that if I point the remote from a 45 degree angle (or further past head on) it usually turns on everything. Even if it doesn't turn on the Dishplayer, all I have to do is press the power button (since the last macro command turns on Dishplayer controls) and the Dishplayer comes on instantly. I'm obviously no techie and wish I knew how to free up some memory for other commands. But for now, most everything works pretty good. I use my Cinema 7 to control everything (TV, VCR, Dishplayer, A/V Receiver, Tape Deck - for what that's worth, & CD Player) I can access all of the features of the Dishplayer's original remote, all features of my TV, and the important extra features of my VCR.

Tell me, have I wasted precious memory by learning all the codes from the original remote - is there an easier way?

What I haven't figured out is how to get my receiver to switch from Satellite mode to DVD/TV mode (So I can hear the VCR signal) without pressing TV/VCR about 7 times to cycle through all the modes. I know if I push 3 while in Receiver mode it switches to Satellite mode but I haven't found a button that makes it switch to DVD/TV mode with a single button. And I really haven't figured out how to make the advanced codes work.

Troy

Hosting Services by ipHouse