Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday February 17, 2000 at 00:47
Scott
Historic Forum Post
Don't feel bad Wayne. It took me several minutes of hair-pulling frustration to come across this scheme. Actually, I was typing on the keyboard desperately searching this forum for answers when it hit me. Funny how we get stuck thinking in a box. A million monkeys on a million wireless keyboards.....:)

Now to the next challenge.

Ingenious. Your idea intrigues me. You think the Cinema7/RS 15-1994 can be fooled into accepting advanced codes for the Dishplayer? How? By finding a native device code that is very similiar to the Dishplayer's IR?
I believe the codes for the Dishplayer are published and upgradeable for the Cinema7 but not so for the RS 15-1994. (right?) There is however that six pin port on the 1994 that I'm dying to get a crack at. I've written UEI and asked them if they would upgrade the 1994 for me but haven't heard back. There is that rumour that our esteemed Daniel Tonks witnessed the device that does this.
Anyway, tell me more about how one would fool the Cinema7 into accepting advanced codes.
And the solar cell. Would one use a solar cell like the one say in the Radio Shack Solar Exploration kit? If you will explicitly tell me how I will hook it up and give you the sample.
Intruiging. I want to see if it can be done.

Hosting Services by ipHouse