Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday December 31, 1999 at 17:40
Wayne
Historic Forum Post
Solved!

David, Ing. and all,

I got the learned key to respond in the macro. I had to erase and then relearn the 4L key to clean up what was probably a long wasteful signal. After realizing that the instructions from both the online and the book manual from the C7 asked you to hold down the dedicated remotes key during learning "until the red light flashes twice". I thought, "what does the C7 do with all that continuous information for two seconds? So when I re-learned 4L I defied the manual and simply pecked the key. It still took a second or two for the C7 to blink, but now it works!

Does it not seem like the C7 would be wasting a lot of memory gagging on the two second key press? I went back and relearned a number of my other buttons, and I was able to learn additional new buttons, probably ten or so, even when before I had run out of memory.

Question:

What is happening after I learn a new command and for a period of time the C7 kind of has a stroke? many, if not all the buttons stop working and the light does the flicker thing. I fiddle with switching back and forth between functions and it eventually clears, and I was eventually still able to learn even more keys after that .

Question:

Did I see it stated somewhere that advanced function codes take less memory, and that if I were to find the codes to some of my learned commands I could free up yet more memory?

I printed a page from starbase that may have some I need, but there areas in the lists where I couldn't decifer what numbers next to some of the codes had to do with.... well lets just say I need to study the matter even to know what to ask.

The result of the formentioned breakthrough has allowed me to create very useful macros, and It's no longer as confusing to my dear wife.

And Ing. what you suggest is way over my head, but you know, without commiting myself, as I still have some bugs to work out, not having dedicated codes may be somewhat a blessing in disguise. If I had SAT codes for the dishplayer, I would have been toggling between just one more device key, when I have been able to get 90+% of the dishplayer functions under my prologic reciever's key... and it's starting to look like I could have used a "Cinema 3 learning Remote" if they made one.

I'm still pouring over yours and David B's notes for more tweaks and customizations. I'm slow, but Tenacious.

Keep it up and thanks,

Wayne

Hosting Services by ipHouse