Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday March 3, 2000 at 03:11
waldok
Historic Forum Post
I have the Denon AVR1400 receiver and I plan to go through the advanced codes manually tonight.
I will post here my results and complete advanced codes list for the Denon remote control as soon as I can.

I personally find it ok to search for advanced codes manually. Going through the 255 possible codes only takes about half an hour. This sometimes requires patience cause you might come across codes that seem to do nothing unless the device is already in a special mode, but it is worth the attempt.

It's also good fun : yesterday I was manually testing all codes for my Toshiba rear-projection TV and I came across very weird on-screen menus I had never seen before, which completely changed colors in the picture like swapping Red, green and blue tubes (probably colorimetry settings for maintenance technicians)...I don't know to what extent this kind of manual exploration could be harmful to the equipment although I don't really think one could do much damage just by using the remote controller...

Any opinion or experience (good or bad) on the subject ?

Waldok

Hosting Services by ipHouse