Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 26, 2001 at 05:25
George MacDonald
Historic Forum Post
Quite a few years ago(circa 1994) I got a OneForAll 12(URC 5000) which has a 3 pin serial(RS-232) interface. I used this with my MS windows machine and some software(IRDC/pcir) to tell the remote to issue IR commands to control my A/V systems. Shortly after getting the little beast I moved and so ended up not using it much. I recently dusted the thing off and much to my suprise it still works! So I have decided to see if I can put it to use again!

Anyhow I went hunting on the web for info about the remote to see what was new, and found the IRDC web site at -> [Link: home.inforamp.net] which says that the software now also handles other OFA remotes, namely

URC-2005: ONE FOR ALL 5
URC-4000: ONE FOR ALL 6
URC-4005: ONE FOR ALL 6
URC-4050: ONE FOR ALL 6
URC-5000: ONE FOR ALL 12
URC-6050: ONE FOR ALL 8
15-1919: RADIO SHACK 6 in 1 RF

Anyone know if any of these are still being sold, or if there is a supply of them around somewhere?

I'm interested in porting the code over to Linux(being that is what I use now). I am also interested in knowing if any of the new models have more upto date codes. Anyone know if the three pin interface is used on any newer remotes? The 15-1919 looks like the newest remote on the above list, but I don't think they will have codes from my PVR's!

Is it possible to add codes to any of these remotes?

Thanks for any help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse