Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 5, 2001 at 10:43
næstep
Historic Forum Post
I've got a couple of questions about the 15-1994, which I just picked up recently and am in the middle of programing.

1. What are the memory limitations? More appropriately, what actually uses memory? I'm doing a lot of "key moves", and at one point, the remote simply stopped accepting any more. I reset the remote and started over. I'm also adding quite a few "advanced codes". Do these both use up memory? If so, do they draw from the same memory that is used to "learn" commands?

2. I having trouble with the following sequence:
a. Add discrete [INPUT:VCR] command to TV (Tv/Video) key
b. Key Move TV [INPUT:VCR] (Tv/Video) key to VCR (Tv/Video) key

Initially, this works perfectly. However, if I switch out of the VCR device (for instance, I select TV on the remote), then when I switch back to the VCR device, the (Tv/Video) key changes properties to the original function of the TV (Tv/Video) button - it cycles through all 4 televison inputs. Note that it doesn't revert to the VCR (Tv/Video) properties, which would change TV/VID on the VCR but not the television. Instead, the key retains the TV device properties.

What's strange is that if I switch the remote back to TV mode, the (Tv/Video) key still functions as programed: It switches the television directly to the VCR input.

The eventual goal is to return the TV (Tv/Video) key to it's original function of cycling through each of the 4 inputs, but for the key to send the television directly to the appropriate input respective to its device (DVD, VCR, PC).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

—næstep

Hosting Services by ipHouse