The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday February 19, 2001 at 19:11
næstep
Historic Forum Post
Nirel,

Let's troubleshoot it one step at a time.

First, if you set your reciever device code to 0004, do the 228 & 235 codes control the up/down cursor functions? You'll need to use you Denon remote to select something, like bass, and then use your 1994 (with 228 & 235 programed as cursor up and cursor down).

If this doesn't work, go to hifi-remote.com and print out a copy of the EFC sheet. This lists all 256 "working" Extended Function Codes that may or may not control something when transmitted. You'll have to sit in front of the reciever and press Setup + the 3 digit EFC, and make notes of the ones that work. This is a real pain in the ass, especially since the reciever will want to revert back from whatever parameter you're trying to control (ie. bass) if it doesn't recieve any commands for a few seconds. The possibility exists that your commands are all buried under the 0160 device code. But eventually you'll come across what you're looking for and probably some functions that you wern't expecting.

Let me know how this works, or if I need to clarify any of that gobbledygook I just wrote.

—næstep

Hosting Services by ipHouse