Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday July 18, 2002 at 14:39
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Lando,

Sometimes a device code may seem to work, and you may be tempted to quit right there and figure you have the right device code. You apparantly found a device code that works some of the functions, but not very many. The numeric keypad must have burnt up at least 10 learned buttons, and there were probably others as well. If I were you, I'd restart with finding a better working device code, one that works more buttons and functions than what you're now getting. If you used the remote's "search" mehtod to find your device code, you can "play back" the code to find out which decvice code it is. Refer to the manual how to have the remote tell you the device code programmed and operating on the device button. Jot down what it is. Then re-enter the search procedure to see if there's another one that will work your receiver, perhaps more buttons will work on another device code. Continue through all the device codes for "receivers" untill you find a maximum match, that'll reduce the number of learned keys you'll have to go through. If no pre-programmed device code drops the needed learned or advance code enters you have to do to say 3 or 4 buttons, I'd suggest JP-1 where you can "invent" a new device code that would contain all, or almost all the keys for your receiver. You'd have a head start since JP-1 could define the protocol that your receiver operates under, and by learning and "dumping" list the OBC's/EFC's for the learned buttons which you would need to make your new device code, if that becomes neccessary. I don't know what brand your receiver is, but Rob's site lists the device codes ie. amp0891, etc., and which brands are known to use it. If I recall correctly, under the 2104 you can enter the brand, device type, etc, and get all the preprogrammed device codes for the different brands, just select your receiver's brand and manually enter all the amp device codes till you find a maximized match. I'm betting there is a better match, and that will get you on the road to better success.

Hosting Services by ipHouse