The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday July 12, 2002 at 12:03
originalfrmaeworks
Lurking Member
July 2002
Okay, please bear with me since I have several questions- and I'm a newbie...so cut me some slack.

I first bought the 1994 last year after research lead me to Rob's site. I love the remote, the feel,layout,etc.- but for some reason it simply would not accept some learning input manually.
Specifically, when learning the signals from my Zenith STB, it would invariably accept the first 98% of the buttons, then simply flash once and not accept further input. So I would try to clear the button giving me trouble-to no avail. When I try to clear all within that device, it clears anything else I've entered for other devices as well. It does this on 2-3 keys from my Yamaha receiver as well.
So, I simply lived with it till I found the 2104 marked incorrectly at a RS and bought that. Same problems.
I recently purchased a 8811 and programed MOST everything in there, but my wife just hates the thing, due to the tiny buttons and the need to look at it to operate.

Anyway, here are my basic questions:

Has anyone here had the above problem?

How hard is the JP1 stuff to tackle?
(I don't consider myself a computer whiz, but not Joe Six Pack either. I joined the JP1 group at yahoo, but haven't really dove into it yet.)

Being new to Yahoo groups, is there some BB somewhere that I'm overlooking to read ALL messages? I just get a daily listing of recent ones.
(Again, excuse the simple questions- I'm a simple fellow.)

If I do get a JP1 cable, will I then be able to program one of the three and then transfer all programming to the other two?

Thanks in advance for your patient assistance.

Ben

Hosting Services by ipHouse