The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday December 29, 2002 at 19:20
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I think the European Kameleon has a different signature. I think the remote rejects modem input when the signature is wrong. Maybe nothing got loaded.

You have JP1 for the 2133? (pogo pins or equiv) or do you just have JP1 for some other remote?

If you have a JP1 connection for the 2133, you can download it to IR.EXE and see whether/what was loaded (including the setup code and all the details inside it).

If you have JP1 for some other remote, I expect there is some easier way to create the upgrade you want. Have you searched for a ccf file or JP1 KM file for the device?

I completely don't understand why you want the codes if you don't have the device.

If you have some real need to get the codes from the WAV file, you could post the .wav in the JP1 group's diagnosis area (if it isn't to big to fit) and post a question about it. I expect someone will have the right JP1 path to read it.

If you're just curious whether the US remotes can use .wav files "signed" for the European models, my guess is that they can't. One of the other experts might know for sure. You can find out for sure once you get the pogo pins. I don't see why you'd really care, because hopefully soon the utility to make .wav files from IR.EXE will be released. Then you can make much better .wav files yourself for the 2133 than what you can download for any model from any OFA site. Occasionally it might be easier to settle for the (usually partial) job that OFA has done for some device, rather than look for a ccf or a KM file, or tediously test learned signals and/or EFCs; But I think it's worth the extra effort to build it your way and not worth the extra effort to figure out how to use a support service that they set up for other models.

Hosting Services by ipHouse