already used it, but I don't understand the second
half of the page. For example:

048 SHIFT STOP......Menu Down
046 FAST FORWARD....Menu Up

078 STOP............Menu Down
144 SHIFT PLAY......Menu Up

so I'm confused.... what should I use as Menu
up/down for 0054?

To clear up some confusion about these advance code lists at Rob's site.

Most of them are what ueic emails you when you ask for them. Rob generally posts them as is. He'll add to them as users find and forward them to him. Both of those reportings look like ueic provided.
You have to rmember, MANY different outfits will use a certain setup code, some will use certain functions, while not use others. ueic's listing tries to include all of them. They do try and provide all the advance codes they can, when they know about them. My Magnavox tv's happen to use TV_0054.
Since some mfr. has used 048 as menue down, they included this in the setup code. for the 1994 it'll be found on the shift stop key. (yes they have assigned to shift buttons). Since another known mfr used 078 for their menu up, they put that on the stop button. since TV's DON'T have a stop function, it merely gave an empty button to put it on. So Stop, in TV mode for 0054 will send the 078 efc signal.
The left designations will be the actual buttons they are assigned to, the right designation the MOST LIKELY function it will perform. You won't have to do a "search" other than try each button as listed on the left, and see if it does what's listed on the right. There's no guarantee that it will do what it sez on the right, since any particular mfr can scramble around the efc's to do whatever they want. The point is that the particular efc listed is embedded in the setup code, and accessible by pressing the button(s) indicated on the left side of the list. Once found, you can either leave it as is, or keymove it whereever You want.
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse