The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 26, 2003 at 15:44
jmarshall
Long Time Member
January 2003
I've set up my Philips TV with setup code 0054, and am attempting to obtain the buttons that did not come standard.

I go through the learning procedure with the original remote as follows:

1. Press and hold set (**)
2. 9-7-5 (**)
3. Press device key
4. Press learning button L1

LED now blinks fast for around 4 seconds, then finishes with one long blink.

I press (and hold) the button to be learned on the OEM remote, but nothing happens.

If, however, I manage to press the button on the original remote to be learned BEFORE the LED stops rapidly flashing in step 4, it terminates with 2 flashes and the button is *ALMOST* learnt.

What appears to be happening is the learned button works SOME of the time (ie it will work ONCE, but then subsequent presses will not work. eg. I learn the A/V button which cycles through the video inputs: Pressing the learned button once will select the first input, but subsequent pushes will not do anything.)

I have examined the learned signal in IR, and it appears that the Protocol is RC-5 (as expected), but there are 3 Hex Codes, and EFC's listed.

Questions are:

Am I performing the learning function correctly? (ie should you have to press the button to be learned while the LED is flashing rapidly??)

Is the fact that 3 EFC codes being found for a single key a problem? What should be done in this circumstance to obtain the EFC?? (I have tried all three separately via an upgrade, but NONE of the three (by themselves) work.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Jonathan (in New Zealand)

Hosting Services by ipHouse