The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 155 made on Tuesday January 21, 2003 at 15:39
Mandan
Long Time Member
August 2002
The 15-2116 is, by far, the best remote I've used so far IMHO. I have the Cinema 6, Cinema 7, the One for ALL 8811, the One for All 6012 (modified with JP1), a Sony 900 and now the 2116. The features I like are:

1. The IR "spread" is, by far, the best of all of these remotes! My TV is a 61" Sony XBR which is in front (of course) but all of my components are behind and to the right of the seating position. I can aim the remote ANYWHERE from straight up to the rear and it will control all of the devices. None of the others would do that.

2. The device buttons are labeled the way I want. I have a 65 year old mind and I forget which device is which when the button merely says "Aux" or "Sat/Cbl". This remote actually has everything labeled the way I want it except "Laserdisk" and I use the CD button for that.

3. Macros on the device keys using JP1. I really appreciate the macros on these keys. The Power key starts everything in the system and I can switch devices (and the TV and receiver inputs) merely by hitting any of the device keys. And, if you want to hit JUST the device key with the macro you can hit "shift" device. Easy and elegant.

4. JP1! Makes eveything so much easier. Who could go back to manual setup after using JP1?

The LCD screen is of marginal value, although I do glance at it to see which device I'm on.

The size is a little large but it has been a non-issue. I thought I would be bothered by it but I'm not.

The only problem I've had is, as usual, the Sony soundfields for my old receiver, a 50ES. Fortunately, I already had Rob's great protocol in one of the other remotes and I simply learned the codes to this one.

This for $29.95!!!! How is that possible?

Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse