The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 153 made on Tuesday January 21, 2003 at 12:08
TransAmMan
Long Time Member
October 2002
Depends on what you want and if your satisfied with your Cinema7. The RS 15-2116 will not give you much more than what you have now. It has an updated code base which is good, however, some older codes have been dropped, which may be bad. It has an LCD, which some like and some hate. The size is like the 15-1994....bigger than your Cinema7. Button layout is different. Some prefer the RS models, other the OFA's. It really comes down to a personal decision. They are also all JP1 compatible if you have that capability.

My personal likes, not to influence your decision, is the LCD, the button layout (not perfect but best I've seen), ability to program macros on the device keys (using JP1), a volume punch-through that actually works, the home theater mode (room for improvement though, starting with calling it something different from "My System") and the size/look/feel.

My personal dislikes of the 15-2116 are the missing 1s-4s buttons, not enough buttons, and a missing power key in HT mode. Keys for Replay functionality would make this remote a real winner.

I have not been entirely enthralled by all the "high end" remotes I've seen, and the 2116 fits ME the best. I've had a pronto and returned it. I still have a MX-500 that sits in a drawer. I just like the 2116 the best. However, its still not the perfect remote and would like to design my own. Your needs may be different, however, and that's why the final decision rests with you. If you've run into roadblocks with your C7, then go for the 2116. If not, then....?

Hosting Services by ipHouse