Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 47 made on Thursday October 31, 2002 at 08:19
TransAmMan
Long Time Member
October 2002
Played around with the 2116 some more and have some additional comments:

1) Memory capacity is about the same as 15-1994. I don't think that this was a surprise but more would have been nice. Same amount of mem for learning and upgrades, keymove/macro mem slightly smaller (maybe 1 less keymove possible).

2) Much larger code library; many current upgrades will not be required.

3) Used IR.exe to upload and download configurations. All seemed to work well, but I did find one bug. Trying to set the arrow keys for my DVD player (DVD 0525) to the functions I want resulted in something strange. On the Keymove menu, select the device and button, OK, then double click the desired device and enter the EFC. When double clicking the DVD button, and saying OK to the dialog box, the device that actually enters is device db-11 instead of device DVD. (FYI, there are 8 devices and 8? virtual devices, labeled db-8 through db-?, on the General tab, what these are I do not know, hopefully someone can explain.) My db-11 device button was also programed as a DVD 0525 and changing the code took care of the problem. Those programmed keys didn't seem to work, however, then it was time for bed. Maybe I did something wrong. Will try again tonight.

4) Set a macro on the power key but its a global macro, so control of individual devices was lost. I know other remotes like the millenium4 allowed you to put a macro on the power key while switching to another device let the power key control its function. Still working this one also.

Thanks to all for the help over the years so I can now give a little back.

Hosting Services by ipHouse